NAIE is a space for all interpreters and stakeholders who support deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind students to address the challenges of the educational system. NAIE encourages educational interpreters (K-12 and postsecondary), cued speech transliterators, oral transliterators, Teachers of the Deaf, parents, administrators, IEP team members, and all persons who have an active interest in the mission of the association to become members.
- NAIE members are a part of a national, professional organization that seeks to meet the unique needs of persons involved in the educational interpreting field.
- NAIE will support you in staying abreast of current practices through a variety of professional development opportunities, resources, and newsletters.
- NAIE realizes how challenging it is when interpreters in education work in isolation without support. NAIE members have the opportunity to network with each other from across the nation to learn from each other, share, and grow in their professional skills.
- NAIE provides a place to be a change agent. As a member, along with all the diverse members, will have a collective voice that can impact best practices within the field.
- Member: $60.00 – Open to interpreters and stakeholders who have an active interest in the mission of NAIE.
- Student Member: $30.00 – Available to students who are currently in an ITP or post graduate program related to the field of ASL-English interpreting.
Membership dues expire one year from the day you join and repeat annually. Dues provide the financial support necessary to accomplish our Strategic Plan goals.
The NAIE public website is open to anyone interested in learning more about the organization, resources, and important information for the field. Members have access to a secure member log in where you can register for upcoming webinars, update your account, renew membership, and more.
Members have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of NAIE. Consider volunteering to be a State Ambassador or watch for announcements to join committees, take surveys, and other opportunities that are available.
Questions about membership? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift of Membership
Whether you are a colleague, friend, or family member give the meaningful gift of an NAIE membership to the interpreter in your life.