NAIE is a space for all interpreters and stakeholders who support deaf, hard of hearing, and deafblind students to address the challenges of the educational system. NAIE encourages educational interpreters (K-12 and postsecondary), cued speech transliterators, oral transliterators, Teachers of the Deaf, parents, administrators, IEP team members, and all persons who have an active interest in the mission of the association to become members.
- NAIE members are a part of a national, professional organization that seeks to meet the unique needs of persons involved in the educational interpreting field.
- NAIE will support you in staying abreast of current practices through a variety of professional development opportunities, resources, and newsletters.
- NAIE realizes how challenging it is when interpreters in education work in isolation without support. NAIE members have the opportunity to network with each other from across the nation to learn from each other, share, and grow in their professional skills.
- NAIE provides a place to be a change agent. As a member, along with all the diverse members, will have a collective voice that can impact best practices within the field.
- Member: $75.00 – Open to interpreters and stakeholders who have an active interest in the mission of NAIE.
- Student Member: $30.00 – Available to students who are currently in an ITP or post graduate program related to the field of ASL-English interpreting.
Membership dues expire one year from the day you join and repeat annually. Dues provide the financial support necessary to accomplish our Strategic Plan goals.
If you are a school district interested in purchasing memberships for your educational interpreter staff, contact email@example.com. We will direct bill your school district for payment and then provide codes for your interpreters to register themselves for a membership account. Purchased memberships are for one year of membership and can be used either for new or renewing members.
You can purchase a one-year membership as a gift for someone. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the contact information of the individual you wish to gift a membership (including full name and email address). We will send you an invoice to purchase the gift membership and once payment is received, we will send the giftee an email with information to register their membership account. If you would like to send your giftee a PDF certificate instead, please make that request when you email email@example.com.
Does NAIE offer organizational memberships? No. At this time we only offer individual memberships.
I don’t have a PayPal account, can I still pay for my membership with a credit card? PayPal allows you to checkout as a guest without the need for a PayPal account. You can also mail in your membership form with a check (see “Mail In Form with Check” below).
When does my membership expire? Your membership expires one year from your initial join date.
My membership lapsed, is there a penalty fee for reinstating? No. NAIE membership is completely voluntary. If your membership lapses, you will not have access to member only benefits. To reinstate, login to your account and renew your membership.
How do I renew my membership? Go to https://naiedu.org/account/ and click RENEW NOW. This will take you to another page where you will see your past transactions. On the most recent transaction, click Subscribe on the far right side. This will take you to another page where you can enter/update your information, then scroll to the bottom and you’ll see the option to pay.
Download and fill out the form above. The completed form along with a check made out to “NAIE” can be mailed to:
National Association of Interpreters in Education
1502 West Broadway
Madison, WI 53713
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Member Only Access” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
The NAIE public website is open to anyone interested in learning more about the organization, resources, and important information for the field. Members have access to a secure member log in where you can register for upcoming webinars, update and track your account, featured articles, and more.
Members have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of NAIE. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on available positions on the Board of Directors, committees, and task forces.
For questions about NAIE membership, email email@example.com.