Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/09/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, EIPA 3.5
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: Every 5 Years
- Continuing Education: 70 Hours every five years
- Additional Comments: Per Professional Teaching Standards Board, “for most teaching & administrative fields, five (5) Professional Development/Renewal Credits will be required to renew. The application for a renewal of the permit confirms this- per administrative rules, this is equivalent to 70 clock hours of PD, but trainings must be a minimum of seven hours to count.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.