NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5, State Test
- Knowledge Verification: Yes
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: Requirements for interpreters begin on p. 61 of documentation. Certificate requires 36 semester hours of post-secondary education. There are two different provisional credentials.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Two types: (1) Restricted: 36 semester hours and 15 hours PD; (2) Initial: Restricted plus EIPA 3.0+, NAD 3+, RID, NIC, or QAS II+
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Three years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.