Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: EIPA 4.0, RID Certification
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: There is a draft bill from 2015 proposing interpreter licensure: https://wsrid.com/resources/Documents/Committees/Legislative/DRAFT_Proposed_Interpreter_Licensure_2015.pdf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? With documented effort, interpreter may work one calendar year after receiving results, or 18 months after completing most recent assessment, whichever is longer.
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 18 Months