Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: Interpreting: VQAS III, EIPA 3.5, Certification Equivalent to VQAS III; Cued Speech Transliterating: VQAS III Cued Speech, TECUnit or Equivalent; Oral Transliterator: RID (OTC)
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT required in addition to EIPA unless qualified by VQAS or Certification
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 3.0 or VQAS II (For Cued Speech, provisional is valid for three years with a VQAS I)
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Two Years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.