Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 02/20/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: Utah Interpreter Program (UCPI or UDPI), NIC (all levels), CI&CT, NAD IV/V, SC:L, CDI, EIPA 4.0-5.0 (only for educational settings)
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT for state certification by EIPA score (Utah and RID (CASLI) certifications include a written component)
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Depends on permit type- Student, Mentored, or Emergency. Student and Mentored require passing Utah Knowledge Exam within five years and a skills screening; Emergency requires a professional development plan
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One Year
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.