Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, BEI Certification
- Knowledge Verification: Both certifications include written exams
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: Though the law does not specify a written exam requirement, credential length, or CEU requirement, certification maintenance for both RID and Texas BEI include a written exam and a CEU requirement
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.