Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS Degree
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA Written
- Renewal Timeline: 7 Years
- Continuing Education: 120 Hours every seven years
- Additional Comments: Initial license is a “practitioner license” for four years that can be renewed once if the interpreter earns 6 CEUs. After the interpreter has three years of experience, they can receive a professional license that is good for seven years and requires 12 CEUs per cycle to renew. EIPA score must not be more than five years old at the time of initial license application.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.