Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, NAD III, EIPA 3.5 (within five years)
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 80 Hours every four years
- Additional Comments: EIPA score must be from within five years of initial application date
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Initial Application: AA/AS or higher in interpreting from accredited college, PD Plan; Renewal Application: 8 hours of mentoring per month, 25 contact hours of continued education within 12 months
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Annual renewal, unlimited renewals
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.