NAIE State Ambassador
Wayne Tesky- firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 80 hours every four years
- Additional Comments: EIPA score must be from within five years of initial application date
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? PD Plan, Mentoring, 20 hours of continuing education annually
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Annual renewal, unlimited renewals
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.