Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: Coursework in ASL, Deaf Culture, and Code of Ethics OR Pass RID Written Exam
- Skill Verification: Community License: RID Certification; Educational License: RID Certification AND EIPA 4.0, OR Ed:K-12
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT for educational license
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 5 Hours Annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Of limited duration determined by the board
- What is required for the provisional credential? State screening AND either pass RID written OR show proof of coursework in ASL, Deaf Culture, and the Code of Ethics
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.