Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS in interpreting (or related field)
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, EIPA:WT can be used in lieu of degree requirement. If already obtained degree, knowledge exam not required.
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 12 Hours annually
- Additional Comments: A bill has been introduced in the 2023 legislative session for community interpreter license that keeps educational interpreter requirements separated.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A