New Mexico

Standards for Permanent Credential

Date Information Last Verified: 02/05/2024

The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.

  • Pre-Service Education: BA/BS 
  • Skill Verification:  Community License: RID Certification, BEI IV/V, IV/V Intermediary, BEI Advanced, BEI Master; Education License: EIPA 4.0+ (requires BA/BS or Alternate Pathway, passing EIPA:WT, and associate membership in RID) or Ed:K-12
  • Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT for licensure with the EIPA (RID (CASLI) and BEI already include a written/knowledge component)
  • Renewal Timeline: Every Two Years
  • Continuing Education: 40 Hours every two years
  • Additional Comments:

Standards for Provisional Credential

  • Is a provisional credential available? Yes
  • What is required for the provisional credential? 2 CEUs annually, ITP grad, associate membership in RID, resume and professional reference if not applying for license within three years of graduation from ITP
  •  How long can one hold a provisional credential? Five Years with Annual Renewal

State Resources

For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.

For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.

Contact to update or correct the information above. 

Scroll to Top