Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS
- Skill Verification: Community License: RID Certification, BEI IV/V, IV/V Intermediary, BEI Advanced, BEI Master (BEI route requires RID associate membership); Education License: EIPA 4.0+ (requires BA/BS, passing EIPA:WT, and associate membership in RID)
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT for licensure with the EIPA (RID (CASLI) and BEI already include a written/knowledge component)
- Renewal Timeline: Every Two Years
- Continuing Education: 40 Hours every two years
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? 2 CEUs annually, ITP grad, associate membership in RID, resume and professional reference if not applying for license within one year of graduation from ITP
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Five Years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.