NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at email@example.com for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS Degree
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0+
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, RID or EIPA Written
- Renewal Timeline: Every Two Years
- Continuing Education: 40 Hours every two years
- Additional Comments: EIPA requirement is Ed:K12 or 4.0+ and proof of passing the written test AND associate membership in RID
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? 20 continuing education hours annually, graduation from an interpreter training program, employment in a school, and associate membership in RID
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Five Years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.