Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS (Academic Route), HS Diploma or Equivalent (Performance Route)
- Skill Verification: EIPA 3.0 (AND RID Certification if using Performance Route i.e. without satisfying pre-service education requirement)
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: No
- Additional Comments: State offers an Oral Interpreting Endorsement and Cued Speech Transliteration Endorsement. See documentation for further details.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? HS diploma, EIPA 3.0+
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Four years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.