NAIE State Ambassador
Ryan Soule- email@example.com
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS (Includes educational interpreting coursework)
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.0+
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: Yes
- Additional Comments: Unsure if the CEU requirement is only for an initial or if there is a renewal process, see also https://www.state.nj.us/education/license/endorsements/3463S.pdf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 3.0+
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Four years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.