NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at email@example.com for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+
- Knowledge Verification: Yes
- Renewal Timeline: 3 years
- Continuing Education: 75 hours per renewal cycle
- Additional Comments: Law states “passing score on EIPA-PT” as determined by the State Department of Education. Information on EIPA 3.5 requirement is documented here: https://www.ndhhs.org/erc-professional-development (scroll down to “For Educational Interpreters”).
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Application for emergency authorization
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.