Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/10/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, EIPA 4.0, BEI Basic, UIP (UCPI), Canadian Association of Sign Language Interpreters
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT for educational interpreter registry
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 20 hours
- Additional Comments: Requirements begin August 1, 2023; See an explanation of rules: https://adsd.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/adsdnvgov/content/Programs/Physical/ComAccessSvc/Interpreter_Registry/2023_NRS-NAC656A_Explanation-ADA_AcessibleVersion.pdf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? AA AND EIPA 3.5 AND Pass EIPA:WT, proof of 20 hours of mentoring to renew each year
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Five Years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.