NAIE State Ambassador
Ehren Dei- email@example.com
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: Multiple Registry Levels: Apprentice EIPA 3.0+, ESSE III; Intermediate EIPA 3.1-3.9, ESSE IV; Advanced EIPA 4.0+, ESSE V, RID Certification
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA Written (all levels)
- Renewal Timeline: 3 Years
- Continuing Education: 75 Hours every three years
- Additional Comments: All levels require a PD plan and Apprentice and Intermediate levels require mentoring; ESSE is only valid for one year
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? ESSE III and EIPA Written
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.