Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, EIPA 4.0, NIC, NAD IV, QAST IV
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT
- Renewal Timeline: Every Two Years
- Continuing Education: 24 Hours per cycle
- Additional Comments: QAST is no longer offered but interpreters can maintain their QAST level as long as they are continually licensed.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? One year with EIPA Pre-Hire of “Okay to Hire” or “Hire with Caution”; Two years with EIPA 3.0, QAST III, or NAD III, PD plan with 40 hours PD/yr
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One to Two Years