Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0, BEI (MICS). If EIPA 4.0 only, given state-issued restricted certification for education (RCED) for the level and target language of EIPA taken.
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments: For license administrative code rules, download PDF.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Options only valid for education: (1) Novice or Apprentice State Certification (valid for three years), (2) have taken written/performance exam or attest that they will within 60 days (valid for one year), (3) have a valid license in another state – can only be issued once for Missouri residents and once per year for non-residents (valid for 90 days).
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Varies
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.