Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/10/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, NAD Certification, EIPA 3.0, MSQA
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: Every two years
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Proof deaf client will be left without interpreting services OR proof of undue hardship on the school or agency due to loss of interpreting services
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year; there is a two-year student registration as well
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.