Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0+, BEI, Undefined Deaf Interpreter Credential
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT (for those using the EIPA 4.0+ track only)
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually or maintain RID certification per CMP requirements.
- Additional Comments: For license administrative code rules, download PDF.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? School district request for exception to educational interpreter standards required, EIPA 3.5+ within 24 months, 12 hours of educational interpreter training in past 12 months and .2 CEUs in educational interpreting within 12 months
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Undefined
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.