NAIE State Ambassador
Megan Seipke-Dame- email@example.com
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0+, BEI
- Knowledge Verification: Written Required (RID, EIPA, or BEI)
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Request exception and/or EIPA 3.5+ and 4 hrs EI PD
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Undefined
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.