NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at email@example.com for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, RID Written
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 3.5+ OR verification of 100+ clock hours of ASL and 100+ clock hours of education in interpreting
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 5 years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.