Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID Certification
- Knowledge Verification: CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? ASLPI 3+ or higher AND 1) AA in interpreting OR RID-approved alternate pathway, 2) NIC written OR approved CDI knowledge exam, 3) 20 hours of CEUs annually
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 4 years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.