NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0+, BEI, State Test
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, Written for RID, EIPA, BEI, State Test
- Renewal Timeline: Annually
- Continuing Education: 15 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Mentor, Written (RID or EIPA), and NAD 3+, SLPI Advanced, ASLPI 3.5+, EIPA 3.0+, or BEI basic+
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Up to five years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.