NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at email@example.com for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+, State Test, Other (See documentation)
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: 5-year retake requirement on EIPA until score 5.0
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? A professional development (PD) plan and EIPA 3.0-3.4
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Four years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.