Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: EIPA 3.5, CLTNCE, RID (NIC, NIC Advanced, NIC Master, CI, CT, IC/TC, CSC, NAD III, NAD IV, NAD V), BEI Advanced
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: 2 years
- Continuing Education: 40 hours per renewal cycle
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Mentoring AND ONE of the following: 1) Completion of ITP at accredited college, OR 2) ASLPI score 2+ or higher, OR 3) SLPI Intermediate or higher, OR 4) EIPA pre-hire screening at highest level, OR 5) Passing score on the NIC Knowledge Exam, EIPA:WT, or TEP.
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Four years