NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+, BEI
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, Written for RID, EIPA, or BEI
- Renewal Timeline: 5 Years
- Continuing Education: 50 hours per cycle
- Additional Comments: The license for education is different from the state license for community interpreters
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 3.0+ and proof of education (multiple options)
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Up to 2 years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.