Standards for Permanent Credential

Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023

The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.

  • Pre-Service Education: None Specified
  • Skill Verification: RID Certification, NAD III, EIPA 3.5, RID OTC, TECUnit
  • Knowledge Verification: No
  • Renewal Timeline: Every 5 Years
  • Continuing Education: 80 Hours every five years
  • Additional Comments: Idaho educational interpreter requirements are ONLY for students PK-12. To interpret for adults in K-12 settings, an interpreter must be licensed.

Standards for Provisional Credential

  • Is a provisional credential available? Yes
  • What is required for the provisional credential? Nothing for emergency authorization, graduate from ITP can work for one year
  • How long can one hold a provisional credential? Up to three years for emergency authorization, or up to one year following graduation from an interpreter education program

State Resources

For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.

For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.

Contact to update or correct the information above. 

Scroll to Top