NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at email@example.com for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA/AS (Degree in Educational Interpreting)
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+, State Test (See documentation)
- Knowledge Verification: N/A
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: Hawaii Department of Education has three classification levels for interpreters; two levels require an EIPA 3.5 or HQAS 3 and the other requires an EIPA 4.0+ or HQAS 4.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.