NAIE State Ambassador
Shasta Ralston- firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS*
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.5+**
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: Every 5 years***
- Continuing Education: Various options (see Additional State Documentation)
- Additional Comments: *Can obtain an initial five-year license without a degree, **EIPA score must be from within five years of the application date, ***Renewal of a license with an EIPA 3.5-3.9 requires a new EIPA score from within the past five years
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? BA/BS, Request from Georgia school employer
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.