Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: BA/BS at time of application OR at first five-year renewal
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, EIPA 3.5
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: Every 5 years
- Continuing Education: 100 Hours per Cycle
- Additional Comments: See https://www.gapsc.com/Rules/Current/Certification/505-2-.36.pdf for renewal requirements
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? BA/BS; If CEUs are incomplete after a five-year license, a one-year nonrenewable may be issued to complete requirements
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.