Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/09/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: RID, NAD IV, MCDHH Screening; Oral Interpreting Situations Only: OTC; Cued Speech Situations Only: TECUnit
- Knowledge Verification: CASLI Generalist Knowledge Exam
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? ITP Grad, CASLI generalist knowledge exam, 2 CEUs/year- must pass CASLI performance within five years of written
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Up to five years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.