Date Information Last Verified: 03/09/2023
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: AA or AS Degree in Educational Interpreting or related field
- Skill Verification: Interpreting: EIPA 3.5+; Cued Speech Transliterator: EIPA:CS 4.0+ or CLTNCE; Oral Interpreters: RID OTC
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT
- Renewal Timeline: Five Years
- Continuing Education: 60 hours per cycle
Additional Comments: See also https://ccdhh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Interpreter-Title-Protection-FAQs-5.18.16.pdf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.