Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/10/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID Certification, EIPA 4.0, ESSE-I/R 4.0, NAD/ACCI IV; Cued Language: TECUnit, EIPA:CS
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: There is a waiver for which school districts can apply.
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? No
- What is required for the provisional credential? N/A
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? N/A
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.