NAIE State Ambassador
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.0+, BEI, State Test
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 10 hours per renewal cycle
- Additional Comments: Advisory Board for Interpreters for the Deaf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 2.0+ or QAST 1
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Three years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.