Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/12/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: Interpreting: RID Certification, EIPA 3.0, QAST 3/3; Oral Transliterating: OIC or OTC from RID; Cued Language Transliterators: TECUnit Translator Skills Certificate
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 10 hours per renewal cycle
- Additional Comments: See also https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programs-services/topics/advisory-board-for-interpreters-for-the-deaf
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Provisional up to two years with an EIPA 2.5 or QAST 2/2; Provisional up to three years with an EIPA 2.0 or QAST 1/1
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? Two to three years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.