Standards for Permanent Credential
Last Updated: 03/10/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: EIPA 3.5+, RID
- Knowledge Verification: No
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments:
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? 24 hours annually of interpreter training, PD plan
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 4 years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to update or correct the information above.