Standards for Permanent Credential
Date Information Last Verified: 03/10/2023
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: None Specified
- Skill Verification: EIPA 4.0 (ASL/PSE), RID Certification Initially with EIPA Requirement Within Two Years
- Knowledge Verification: EIPA:WT
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: The information is found in the Alaska Guidance for Special Education Personnel February 2020 Edition
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? EIPA 3.8+ (ASL/PSE) AND mentoring; OR EIPA Pre-Hire “Okay to Hire” (ASL/PSE) AND appropriate educational interpreting credentials AND EIPA performance within six months of hire AND mentoring
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 2 Years
For a list of current NAIE State Ambassadors click here.
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information above.