NAIE State Ambassador
Laura Beth Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 4.0+
- Knowledge Verification: Yes
- Renewal Timeline: N/A
- Continuing Education: N/A
- Additional Comments: The information for the skill requirement is found in the .docx file “Adoption of Guidance for Special Education Personnel” under (IEP) Amendment
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? PD Plan
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? 4 Years
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.