NAIE State Ambassador
Vacant – Contact Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Date Information Last Verified
Contact email@example.com to update or correct the information below.
Standards for Permanent Credential
The standards listed below reflect the minimum requirements to work as an educational interpreter in this state.
- Pre-Service Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Skill Verification: RID, EIPA 3.0+
- Knowledge Verification: Yes, RID Written
- Renewal Timeline: Annual
- Continuing Education: 20 hours annually
- Additional Comments: Permit with a 3.0-3.9 and the RID written, license with RID
Standards for Provisional Credential
- Is a provisional credential available? Yes
- What is required for the provisional credential? Three letters of recommendation from licensed interpreters
- How long can one hold a provisional credential? One year
Interpreter Training Programs
For a list of currently available programs in your state visit the Conference of Interpreter Trainers (CIT) website.