Serving on the NAIE Board of Directors
The NAIE Board is a group of professionals who are dedicated to the mission of NAIE. The Board is considered a “working board” as our organization primarily relies solely on volunteer efforts.
- The Secretary-elect will work closely with the current Secretary to transition during the summer months and will be fully transitioned by August.
- The Board currently meets on a monthly basis online via video conference, once a year for a face-to-face retreat, and on conference years board members are expected to be present.
- Other time commitments and responsibilities will be fluid depending on projects.
- Travel and other expenses are covered for board members doing work for NAIE.
Secretary Position Description
This role is responsible for coordinating board meetings including scheduling, sending the agenda, and documenting meeting minutes and motions. The Secretary also maintains the board calendar as well as organizational records and archives. The next Secretary will be supporting the Board in developing organizational handbooks (i.e. board and volunteer responsibility guidelines) as well as creating a historical archive of NAIE activities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to self-manage, establish priorities, organize workflow, follow-up and meet deadlines
- Experience working with Google Drive
- Strong organizational and filing skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to collaborate with multiple people on multiple projects
If interested in joining the NAIE Board please send a letter of interest along with a resume highlighting any volunteer service and leadership positions to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31st, 2019.