CLICK TO READ: PRESENTATION SUMMARIES
June 22-25, 2017
University of Northern Colorado
*TASK 12 pre-session: June 21, 2017*
*PRE-SESSION: TASK12 TRAINING INTREPRETERS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS (TIPS)*
June 21, 2017
TIPS was developed by TASK12 at the Center for Technical Assistance for Excellence in Special Education (TAESE) at Utah State University. This is an intensive program that begins with an intensive face-to-face training meeting with interpreters, followed by five months studying online modules that aim to improve the performance skills of interpreters and ultimately benefit children and youth who are deaf and hard of hearing. Interpreting skills are assessed before and after the training.
CONFERENCE & LOGISTICAL INFORMATION
- Registration is limited to 250 participants and will close when that number is reached or on May 30, 2017
- Early Bird registration
- MEMBER: $175.00 – Deadline: April 15, 2017
- NON-MEMBER: $250 – Deadline: April 15, 2017
- Standard registration
- MEMBER: $250 – Deadline: May 30, 2017
- NON-MEMBER: $325 – Deadline: May 30, 2017
- There will be no onsite registration
- Registration includes a Thursday evening reception and lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday.
- Cancellation fee: $50.00
- Lodging accommodations are available on the UNC campus in South or North Hall. South or North Hall suites typically have two bedrooms (each with two twin beds), a shared bathroom, and a shared living room area. Bed linens, a blanket and pillow, a towel/washcloth, and internet access are provided. An accommodations link will be available when you register for the conference.
- Cost for a room is $52.25 per night/per person in a shared suite (private bedroom, shared living room and bath). A suite mate will be assigned to you unless otherwise noted on the accommodation registration form. A limited number of triple rooms are also available upon request.
- ADA rooms are available upon request.
- North and South Hall have full kitchens on each wing and a grocery store is located within a short walking distance.
- North and South Hall is located within short walking distance of the University Center, where the conference will be held.
- If you choose to make other arrangements for accommodations, there are hotels several miles from the University Center.
- On campus accommodations for TASK12/TIPS training can be made here.
GETTING TO UNC
Denver International Airport (DIA)
- If you will be flying to Colorado, you will fly into DIA. UNC is approximately one hour north.
- Shuttle service from DIA to the UNC Greeley campus is available through the Greeley Shuttle
- Cost: Approximately $43.00 one way.
- You will want to specify that your drop off location will be South Hall on the UNC campus.
- It is recommended that you make reservations ahead of time and use reservation zip code: 80639
- All transportation services are located on level 5 outside the main terminal of DIA.
Directions to UNC South Hall
- South Hall is located at 2323 11th Avenue on the UNC campus.
- For directions to Greeley visit: http://www.unco.edu/uncmap/buildings/driving.html
Parking on Campus
- Parking passes are required on the UNC campus. If you stay in the residence hall, you will receive a parking permit when you check in. Those who are not staying on campus will note this on their conference registration and a parking pass will be available to you when you pick up your conference registration.
The conference will be held at the University Center on the UNC campus (2101 10th Avenue). Conference venues will be located on the second floor.
At the request from last year’s attendees, this year’s afternoon trainings scheduled for Friday will be duplicated on Saturday.
Conference Schedule: NOTE
Thursday Opening reception: 5:00 – 6:00pm
Welcome and Keynote: 6:00 – 7:30
Full attendance at the 2017 Conference are approved for 1.65 RID CEUs.
Nationally credentialed ASL-English interpreters will be available for all conference events.
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers are essential to the success of the NAIE conference and when you give to us, we give back to you. The 2017 National Conference will need six volunteer ambassadors. If you are selected to be a conference volunteer your conference registration will be waived (travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the volunteer). Being a volunteer will not hinder attending all conference activities.
Submit your application TODAY! DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 28, 2017
LEILANI JOHNSON LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATIONAL INTERPRETING AWARD CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
It’s time to submit your nomination for the
2017-2018 Leilani Johnson Leadership in Educational Interpreting Award.
This prestigious award is designated to an educational interpreter who is recognized as a visionary, has demonstrated leadership qualities, and has proven to be an interpreter who has had an impact in the profession as well as educational arenas. DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
The National Association for Interpreters in Education is awarding four (4) 2017 National Conference on Educational Interpreting registration scholarships (travel and accommodations are the responsibility of the registrant). Scholarship awards will be chosen based on financial need and the extent to which an individual’s work is likely to benefit from attending the conference. DEADLINE: March 31, 2017
Sharon Clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration & Accommodations
Deena McBain: Deena.McBain@unco.edu
Reflections of the 2016 National Conference on Interpreting in Education
A Changing Landscape