CALL FOR CONFERENCE PRESENTERS
The NAIE will be hosting our 3rd National Conference on Interpreting in Education June 20-23, 2019. The National Conference is an opportunity for interpreters and stakeholders in the education of deaf and hard of hearing students to come together, network, learn from the experts, and stay current on effective practices within the field. We would like to take this opportunity to invite you to share your knowledge and experience with colleagues from around the country. If you have a presentation that you would like for the NAIE to consider for the conference complete please complete this FORM.
PROPOSAL CRITERIA AND CONSIDERATION
- Deadline for proposal submission is October 31, 2018
- Seeking training in both knowledge and skill sets
- Relevant to the field of interpreting in education
- Current research
- Ability to incorporate both presentation and hands on training
- Presentation time: 3 hours
- Presenters will asked to present on both Friday and Saturday afternoons, or;
- Present at one of the two plenary sessions on Friday or Saturday morning
- If selected, presenters will receive, by email, a presenter information packet.
- Presenters must also agree to provide NAIE with an electronic copy of their PPT, handouts and a headshot for the program no later than May 15, 2019.
- All proposals will be read and reviewed by three members of the NAIE Conference Committee
- Proposals will be blind reviews
- Notification regarding the status of the application will be made by the end of December via email.
Contact Pat Himes, Conference Coordinator at email@example.com
Below are the questions asked in the submission form if you would like to review the requirements prior to completing the online form.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (Viewed year round)
- Home Address
- Phone number
- Presenter Bio (100 word limit)
- Title of Presentation
- Presentation Description (This description is what will be used in the conference program (300 word limit).
- Educational Objectives: Describe actions by participants during the training that will demonstrate comprehension and integration of information presented ( 1., 2., 3.,).
- Action Plan: Describe or outline the specific activities which will occur during the training. These activities are to support and meet the Educational Objectives above (Participants will…1., 2., 3., ).
- Is this your first time presenting this training
- Prior knowledge needed for participants?
- Is this training knowledge based or skill based?
- Are you open to presenting at both Friday and Saturday afternoon sessions?
2017 Conference Reflections from those in attendance
Reflections of the 2016 Inaugural Conference